04/11/2008

Littlejohn and the BBC

A short one.

On the subject of hypocrisy and Richard Littlejohn and being an annoying tosser, in today's column, he says this:
On the Today programme, some hysterical woman claimed I wanted to scrap Radios 1, 2 and 3. I didn't write anything of the sort.
In his last enormous bowl of wrong, he said this:
No one would be disadvantaged if Radios 1 and 2 were sold off. Radio 3 could seek corporate sponsorship or go to the wall.
That's a bit like saying they should be scrapped, surely? Especially when he needs to clarify in today's column, by saying:
What I said was that Radios 1 and 2 should be sold off and Radio 3 could seek corporate sponsorship. I'm a big fan of Radio 2, as regular readers know. I just can't see why it needs to be publicly owned. If I could raise the money, I'd buy it myself, just like Chris Evans did with Virgin.
Without quoting the 'or go to the wall' bit about Radio 3, and having to spend the next three sentences explaining what that meant.

I'd really like to see exactly what the 'hysterical woman' said in full, too.

***CHEAP POORLY RESEARCHED INSULT ALERT***

He also says:
The problem with tripe on the BBC is that we all have to pay for it, whether we like it or not.
What? Even people who live in Florida?

Plus, it's a bit rich for Littlejohn to bang on about the BBC producing tripe when he relies on BBC productions for all his cultural references, from Dad's Army down to Life on Mars.


No comments: